Sunday, September 20, 2009

After thoughts

...about the Atlanta Linux Fest

Yesterday was great. Nick and Amber and the rest of the folks, hats off to you guys. You out did yourselves. I kept hearing reports that 500 people were to show up, but by the afternoon I heard that number was over 600. Great job.

I like to take this time to help promote two local companies in the Atlanta.

First is FOSS Threads - Designer Apparel for the Community, these guys rock. Not only do they support Open Source by using Fedora and openSUSE. They great awesome shirts. If you even to ALF and didn't pick up one or you just want to show your pride for Atlanta and Open Source please buy one of their shirts.

Second is EAPPS. They are a local hosting company base out Norcross, GA. They sat to my table at ALF. What they are offering is great. We need to support our local company. So you need web hosting.

I like to give a special thanks to James A. Tremblay for helping watch the table while I gave my talk about the openSUSE community. He was doing a great job at promoting openSUSE Eduction. If you haven't please take a look at live CD, give to anyone that is working in Eduction. James, good luck with your work, please let me know how I can help out.

To the Fedora Guys for introducing me to Dave Yate of lottalinux to help explain openSUSE Ambassador program, what we are trying to do for openSUSE.

Thanks to Rikki of LinuxPro Magazine for all the information about free casting they are going to be doing at LinuxCon, that is awesome and everyone should check it out. For those of you that never picked up a copy of LinuxPro magazine, they are the leading Linux magazine for both noobs and old pros a like.

Again it was an honor for me to be allowed to talk to the many folks Atlanta Linux Fest. Since answering the call back in May for openSUSE. I have enjoy spreading the word about how great of distro openSUSE is.

Can't wait until Atlanta Linux Fest 2010.

(Tweets: #atllinuxfest, #atlantalinuxfest, #opensuse)

No comments:

Post a Comment